Event ID 308 — Core Functionality
Updated: December 13, 2007
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
In order for BITS to complete content transfers successfully, the BITS service must be running.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The BITS service shut down successfully, but it was delayed for %1 seconds. This may cause delays when you turn off your computer. For more information about the delay, enable the analytic log for BITS, and then stop and restart the BITS service.|
Restart the BITS service
To resolve this issue, stop and then restart the BITS service.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To stop and restart the BITS service:
- Open an elevated command prompt. To open an elevated command prompt, click Start, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type sc stop bits, and then press ENTER.
- Type sc start bits, and then press ENTER.
To confirm that the BITS service is installed and running correctly:
- From an elevated command prompt, type sc query bits
- Confirm that the service is found, and the status is Running.
Related Management Information