Cisco Webex Meetings is an enterprise solution for hosting online meetings that offers video conferencing, screen sharing, and webinar capabilities that support hundreds of participants. Cisco Webex Meetings utilizes a nine-digit number as a user-friendly meeting identifier that can be easily typed in to join a meeting from all types of endpoints.
On July 24th, 2019, Shreyans Mehta of Cequence Security and the CQ Prime Research Team reported to Cisco that an attacker could take advantage of one of the Webex Meetings API calls to enumerate all the meeting numbers in use by an organization on the platform at a certain moment in time.
This advisory is available at the following link:
Security Impact Rating: Informational
While trying to connect your Outlook account with Exchange by using ActiveSync protocol the users may get the Outlook does not support connections to exchange by using ActiveSync error. This error is commonly caused if the Outlook does not support connection to a server that is running Exchange server. A similar discussion can also be read on the Microsoft Community forum.
On the same Windows 8 Pro machine, on the same user account – Windows Mail app is connected successfully to my corporate e-mail account (‘Outlook‘ account type, use SSL connection, domain and user name specified).
In Outlook 2013 the same account can’t be connected (selecting ‘ActiveSync’ account type, specifying server name and user name, however there are no options to specify SSL and domain) – getting error message ‘Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The server cannot be found.’
Follow the steps listed in the article below to fix Outlook server issue with ActiveSync and Exchange.
Is the Exchange Activesync supported by Outlook?
1. Connect to Exchange using Standard Exchange Connection
- Launch the Outlook desktop app.
- Click on File and then click on Add Account button.
- Enter your email address and click Connect.
- Now you will be asked to enter your password again. Enter the password, and click OK.
- Click Finish to connect to exchange using standard exchange connection.
- Trying to set up your email account manually can create issues like the one mentioned earlier. Try to set up the email account normally and check if the error is resolved.
2. Configure Outlook 2013 / 2016 Manually
- If you want to configure Outlook for Exchange by using ActiveSync do the following.
- Launch the Outlook desktop client.
- Choose “New Email Account“.
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types“.
- Select “Exchange ActiveSync“.
- Now you need to fill in the server setting. The username can be in Domainusername format.
- Now press and hold the Enter key on the Keyboard until all the boxes go away.
- Once the connection goes through. Launch the Outlook client and check if the error is resolved.
For Outlook 2016 / Office 365
- Launch the Outlook client in your Windows system.
- Click on File and select Add Account.
- Now enter the email address for the account and click the Advanced Options.
- Select “Let me set up my account manually” option.
- Click the Connect button.
- Select “Exchange” option.
- Enter the password for your ID and check if the connection is established without any error.
The EAS protocol provides access to data in exchange mailboxes thus keeping all of your connected devices in sync. Since EAS connection does not provide all the features of an Exchange account, Outlook does not support this method resulting in the error.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Windows 10 Calendar not syncing with Gmail/Outlook [FIXED]
- You don’t have permission to create an entry in this folder in Outlook [FIX]
- Outlook won’t print in color [PERMANENT SOLUTION]