Sophos plans to provide Limited Support for Sophos Antivirus for RHEL 6 during Red Hat’s Extended Life Phase (ELP), until June 30, 2024, on the following basis:
- Limited Support for Sophos Antivirus for RHEL 6 is provided on the assumption that the customer subscribes to Red Hat’s Extended Life-cycle Support (ELS) Add-On to receive critical security fixes for the operating system through the Extended Life Phase (ELP)
- Limited Support is subject to a valid subscription to a current Sophos Server Protection license and receipt by Sophos of a support extension fee.
- Limited Support means that Sophos will continue to test and release new versions of the Virus Engine or Virus Data Library as part of the release calendar. Only critical product issues will be addressed, which may include hot fixes, vulnerabilities or improvements to protection, at Sophos’ discretion.
- Limited Support will be provided for 64-bit platforms and the last minor point release of RHEL 6. Sophos will endeavor to provide support for other minor releases on a ‘commercially reasonable efforts’ basis, as follows:
- Support for product configuration and usage questions will be provided by Sophos Technical Support.
- Technical product issues will be investigated using Sophos’ existing maintenance process, on the basis that the issue can be replicated on the last minor release
- If a reported product issue cannot be replicated on the last minor release, Sophos advises that such issues would fall outside the scope of support.
- Limited Support for Sophos Antivirus on RHEL 6 does not include CentOS and Oracle Linux derivatives. See Retirement calendar for supported platforms and operating systems.
- Sophos currently plans to provide Limited Support for Sophos Antivirus on RHEL 6 through Red Hat’s published Extended Life Phase (June 30, 2024). Sophos reserves the right to suspend, reduce or terminate Limited Support before this date for reasons including but not limited to changes in demand, security, and technology. For example, if Sophos discovers an issue that requires the third-party operating system provider to provide a fix and the third party does not provide such fix, or if Sophos determines that a product code change would be required to address an issue for the RHEL 6 operating system.
Limited Support Terms
RHEL 6 Limited Support. AVAILABLE IN JAPAN ONLY. Subject to receipt by Sophos of a support extension Fee (either directly or via an authorized reseller as applicable), Sophos agrees that it will continue to provide Limited Support on a technically and commercially reasonable endeavours basis for a version of Sophos Anti-Virus for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 6 on 64 bit platforms, beyond the published end of support date until the earlier of (i) the expiry of the support extension period stated in the relevant Schedule, or (ii) 30 June 2024. RHEL 6 Limited Support comprises regular updates to security data and periodic updates to the product engine only. Sophos reserves the right to suspend, reduce or terminate RHEL 6 Limited Support prior to such date for reasons including but not limited to changes in demand, security and technology, and if and to the extent that Sophos determines that a code change would be required to the Sophos Anti-Virus Product to address an issue for the RHEL 6 operating system.
If you’ve spotted an error or would like to provide feedback on this article, please use the section below to rate and comment on the article.
This is invaluable to us to ensure that we continually strive to give our customers the best information possible.