Transfer Type – Data + Permissions – Mapped to Shared Folders:
- Select a directory to transfer: Use the browse button to select the source folder that you wish to migrate to ShareFile
- Configure folder permission options:
- Folder ownership only – Migrates only the folder ownership. Files and Folder would be migrated to the admin’s Shared Folder and would be shared with the users who own a specific file/folder.
- Folder ownership and access permissions – Migrates folder ownership along with the permissions. Files and Folder would be migrated to the admin’s Shared Folder and will be shared with the users who own specific files/folders and with users who have certain permissions on the folder.
- Configure transfer options:
- Schedule transfer – Allows you to schedule the migration in a specific time frame.
- Don’t upload files with more recent modified time on ShareFile – Enabling this option would not upload files when most recent file is present in destination folder selected in ShareFile.
After all the configurations are done, click on Continue button.
User would be prompted with Connect to Active Directory
User who has launched this application – If the current user logged in on the machine running the tool is domain user, then tool would automatically take those credentials to connect to that domain AD
Any other user – If user wants to connect to some other domain.
Note: It is recommended to run the tool on a machine which is connected to the domain from which the user’s details are being fetched for ownership and permissions migration.
Once all option are selected and clicked on Continue button, you will be provided with Pre Migration view
- Migration type – Specifies the type of transfer selected by the Admin
- Source – Specifies the location from where the data is being migrated
- Total number of files – Count of files being migrated
- Total Size – Total size being migrated
- Expected Time – Approx. time that would be taken for the migration
- File Types Excluded – Displays list of file types excluded. “Exclude” link provided to exclude any files from migration.
- Items Unable to Transfer – Displayed files/folders which are inaccessible and would not be migrated. If there are any files /folders which are inaccessible then link to Review the same would be provided.
|NTFS Permissions||ShareFile Permissions|
|Read and Execute||Yes||No||No||No|
|List folder contents||Yes||No||No||No|
|Traverse folder/ Execute Files||Yes||No||No||No|
|List folder / Read data||Yes||No||No||No|
|Read extended attributes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Create files / Write data||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Create folders / Append data||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Write extended attributes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Delete Subfolders and files||Yes||No||Yes||No|