How can i register a new serial number……just bought a 25 users Symantec Endpoint Protection and not been able to register or activate.
we are testing the new SEP 14.2.2MP1 and the installer for Catalina keeps giving me an error ‘The application “Symantec Endpoint Protection Installer” can’t be opened’. I checked in ‘System Preferences|Security & Privacy’ if the installer needs special permission but it is not listed there. Anyone else has seen this issue and how can it be resolved?
I am doing a comparision of security features of Symantec Endpoinnt Protection which in On Prem. It is somewhat difficult to compare each element of Symantec Endpoint Protection On-Prem.
I would be comparing Symantec Endpoint Protection with Next Gen Antivirus (Both EPP + EDR), currently we are Symantec Shop only with End point protection not with Symantec ATP.
Does anyone could help me with proper document which should have all the featurs from Symantec Endpoint Protection with description of the same so it could help me to compare with Next Gen AV.
Basically it would be a topic of coming out from Traditionl Antivurs and to move to Next Gen AV, but I am personally with the opinion of having Traditional Antivirus with Next Gen EDR
Any Document or reference could help me to take the discussion further.
We have a bit of an odd request. Is it possible to run Symantec Endpoint Protection on all of our computers to manage our firewalls but remove the AV portion of SEP? We are aiming to test using Windows Defender for AV but keep SEP for firewall protection.
We have SEP 14.1 running in our environment of around 4000 clients. We have close to 30 SEP Groups inside SEPM. We are currently need to generate a report of all clients,
Wha I want is to have a list of all the clients reporting to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager just getting the list from My Company group.
Is that possible ?
I have symantec endpoint protection client version 14.2.1031.0100 on windows server 2012 R2. It is a GUP server and I m getting the below error
Faulting application name: ccSvcHst.exe, version: 22.214.171.124, time stamp: 0x5b5a79c7
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.22794, time stamp: 0x5cf92937
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000505ab
Faulting process id: 0x1a90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a9aaf83657d0
Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)Symantec14.2.1031.0100.105BinccSvcHst.exe
Faulting module path: C:WindowsSYSTEM32ntdll.dll
and the symantec services are getting stopped after a certain time interval .
However when I restart the services it works normally for sometime.
Good day to you. I am new to Symantec and would like to understand more on Symantec Endpoint Protection before suggest to Management for purchase. Our enpoint are using Desktop with Windows XP, Windows 7 & Windows 10 and using Windows Defender & 360 Antivirus. We are planning to have a better Antivirus Protection. We have some queries below and seek for some clarification from Symantec Team. It will be good to have some screenshot to present to Management.
From Symantec Management Console:-
- Can SEPM Console discover the Endpoint user machine which not have SEP on LAN network? If can discover, can SEPM Console deploy the SEP to those endpoint?
- Can SEPM Console push daily update or latest definition to Endpoint user machine under same LAN network? Average how many percent it will fail push it to endpoint, example 500 desktop on LAN?
- Can SEPM Console delete the quarantine files which already move to SEP Quarantine Folder of entpoint user machine? Or still need manual go to user machine and delete it from SEP quarantine?
- Can SEPM Console restart the endpoint user machine from Console after virus or malware removal?
Appreciate your assistance to provide the info or clarification on this queries. Thanks.
We are investigating reports of some Sophos Central users intermittently experiencing issues with the Central Dashboard.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Central Admin
Some Sophos Central users are experiencing issues logging into the Central Dashboard and/or intermittent performance and slowness issues navigating the Dashboard.
[11/1/2019 – 8.30pm EST] – RESOLVED
- The Sophos Central Admin login issue has been resolved. All Services have been restored to normal.
- Completed. Sophos is actively monitoring.
[11/1/2019 – 7.30pm EST]
- The Sophos Central Admin login issue has been resolved, however some users may experience intermittent performance and slowness issues while accessing the Central Dashboard. Sophos is actively monitoring to ensure this is resolved.
[11/1/2019 – 6pm EST]
- Some Sophos Central Customers are unable to log into Central and unable to load Devices List. All Sophos product functionality is otherwise unaffected. We are actively working to address this issue and will update as soon as possible.
If you’ve spotted an error or would like to provide feedback on this article, please use the section below to rate and comment on the article.
This is invaluable to us to ensure that we continually strive to give our customers the best information possible.