How to install NMAS on VMware ESXI or VSphere
To Install NMAS on VMware and VSphere below 6.5 version:
1. Start the VMware vSphere client on your workstation.
2. In the IP address / Name text box, type the IP address of the VMware ESXi server that you want to connect to.
3. In the User Name and Password text boxes, type the administrator credentials, and then click Login.
4. On the File menu, click Deploy OVF Template.
5. In the Deploy OVF Template dialog box, in Deploy from a file or URL, browse to the location where you saved the NetScaler MAS setup files, select the .ovf file, and click Next.
Note:If a warning message appears with the following text: The operating system identifier is not supported on the selected host, check to see if the VMware server supports FreeBSD operating system. Click Yes.
6. On the OVF Template Details page, click Next.
7. Type a name for the NetScaler MAS virtual appliance, and then click Next.
8. Specify the Disk Format by selecting either Thin provisioned format or Thick provisioned format.
9. Click Finish to start the installation process.
To install NMAS in vSphere 6.5 and newer, you’ll need to upgrade the VM Compatibility. After following the above steps which are for VM ESXI and Vspehere below 6.5. Follow below additional steps for configure compatibility
1. Right-click the NetScaler MAS appliance, expand Compatibility, and click Upgrade VM Compatibility.
2. Click Yes.
3. Select at least hardware version 7 (such as ESX/ESXi 4.0 or later).
4. Review the settings.
5. Power on the Instance. Ignore the Guest OS warning.
Note: If you see a message about Invalid guestid in Configinfo, then you’ll have to upgrade the VM hardware version first. VM hardware version 4 is old for vSphere 6.5.